This development leaves me with:
- A skill set for Urban Fantasy. I would need to introduce some skill about knowledge about the supernatural, because that is deliberately missing from the skill list.
- An extras set for Urban Fantasy. Still need to decide about magic, now that the FATE Core Magic Toolbox is available to Kickstarter backers.
What I need to do:
- Think about a new premise.
- Think about the setting.
Deciding factors are: I probably have a Skype group willing to play with the originally proposed idea. But I can only sustain one setting, so ideally Skype group and regular group happen in the same setting, but with different premises. Doing Wolves Point for a group of competent adults will probably end up being a setting very similar to the one used by my Vampire: The Requiem campaign (set in a small town), so I question the wisdom of repeating this. One alternative that immediately springs to mind would be moving to a bigger city like New York, Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver, London or Berlin. Another one would be a road movie style game happening in one of the northern states of the US (like Montana or Washington State). Then I could keep Wolves Point and tie it into the bigger picture. I usually like to keep my games local due to a rotating player roster, so ranging over too wide an area will not work.
These are just thoughts going through my mind right now, nothing settled yet. I'll keep you posted.