Saturday, January 5, 2013

A new year - a new blog

It's no secret to those who know me that I really dig the FATE role-playing game published by Evil Hat. Well, actually there is still no official game that is "The FATE role-playing game", but there is the vastly successful Kickstarter for FATE Core going on for a about a month now and still running until the end of January. So far, FATE has been available in a number of implementations like Spirit of the Century and the Dresden Files RPG, as well as Fate-2-Go and Malmsturm as original German creations, as well as a host of other games by different companies too numerous to list.

I've joined the Kickstarter, downloaded the preview of FATE Core and started reading. Now I am itching to get a game of FATE going based on the FATE Core rules.

Currently, I am still running a Vampire: The Requiem chronicle that my gaming group has been playing since January 2012. But the game actually started back in November 2004. But as my players know, I am not a person to keep going indefinitely with a chronicle/campaign. I sometimes need a break. Back in 2011 we had a Dresden Files RPG campaign going, but that ultimately aborted for a Vampire: The Masquerade game.  Still, most of the regular players like FATE and thus I am thinking about starting a FATE game.

This blog is intended to illustrate and discuss the game and its rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment