Saturday, November 26, 2011

Monsters!

Back when I was mostly reading about D&D instead of playing, certain monsters grabbed my imagination and they just sounded wonderful. Monsters like the peryton or some sort of vampiric mist. I imagined what kind of interesting abilities they might have and how an encounter with them would play out. Then I did my research and was very disappointed. Instead of cool abilities they just were big bad monsters. Big bad equated a lots of hit dice (more than any beginning group of players could hope to handle), being invulnerable to normal weapons, enjoying some sort of special to hit bonus and doing massive damage. In short: booooring!

Some articles of this blog will revisit the old monsters, try to spark the imagination and turn them into interesting monsters Lotfp style.

No comments:

Post a Comment